Sunday, April 4, 2010

Produce Stand Sales Summary

Averages from last quarter:

Revenue: ~%106.28
Amount Transferred to Catering (roughly 30% below sales prices): ~$76.99
Net Margin (Total Daily Profit): ~$(50.81)

Last Week:

Actual Revenue (from register): $152.52
Receipt Revenue: $159.26; Difference from Actual: $(6.74)
Theoretical Revenue: $157.07; Difference from Actual: $(4.55)

Amount Transferred: $29.19
Net Margin: $(18.13)

For next week: Let's try to stay on top of the receipts. Ideally, the difference from the receipt revenue and the actual revenue should be $0.00. I did find a couple of errors in prices, but nothing totaling up to more than $0.50. I know it's a new thing and most likely one or more transactions just did not get recorded. Just do your best to make writing up a receipt for each customer a habit from now on.

I included the amount in dollars that we transfer to catering in this report so you can get a sense of how much more we could be selling. This number would actually be much higher using sales prices, which are about 30% more than wholesale prices, meaning if we sold everything we had our profit would be more than simply adding the amount transferred to the total revenue.

In order to reach our lofty goal of $1000 in revenue we would need to start out with a lot more produce. But until we start selling off everything we have I can't increase the amount I harvest and order from ALBA organics. So try to get the word out as best you can, especially about our tasty strawberries!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment